Wednesday, July 21, 2010

pretty good way to start a day!!

I believe I have been watching the clock all morning waiting on 11 o'clock on the dot. Today at 11, this local website had 30 $50 smoothie king gift cerft. for $25. I was one of the lucky 30 and got a gift card!! WOOHOO!! I am one of the biggest fans of smoothie king right now. I really think I could live off of smoothies! Anyway, last night, me and Jillian got the bright idea to swim laps at the payne center. We were going to the sports plex here in Laurel but decided to go to the burg and swim so we could have a yummy supper at the one and only of course "Smoothie King". (I am a dork, I KNOW!!) Anyway back to the story. I have been running since March and my legs I belive are pretty strong and I really thought I was a good swimmer until yesterday. I taught swimming lessons, I was a life guard back in my younger days but this was a whole new ballgame for me. I mean I literally thought the life guard was gonna have to come save me! We decided to swim laps for 30 min. That was the longest 30 min of my life!!
All in all it was an excellent work out and I plan on swimming laps once a week if not more.

2 comments:

Dawn Trest said...

That's awesome Melissa! I ran 2 miles tonight...I'm just trying to build back up. Let me know next time you guys come to swim, I would love to join you guys!

The Brady's said...

I will!! I knew you were gone yesterday or I would have called you. We will be back soon. I don't know if we are going to make it to hburg tomorrow. What are your plans for Saturday?? I am thinking we are probably going to bike Saturday morning if ya'll are up?