Thursday, April 8, 2010

My new found love :)

I never thought I would ever hear myself say this but I am really loving this running thing! I look forward to the afternoons or nights that I can run. I wish I was a morning person and I run in the morning but that is not going to work. Jody has had tons of homework and has had to stay at school overtime which puts my running off until like 8 some nights. But that is okay at least I'm getting it in and having my me time. This post is mainly for me years down the road when I can look back and see how my hobby and passion got started. I am training for a 5k MAy 1st. Tuesday night I ran my 3.1 miles in 34 min. and something secs. Tonight I got 3.0 miles in at 30:04. I am so excited. My goal is to run it in under 30 min but if I reach that in the next week I will have to have a new goal :) If I make it to the finish line in my goal time then I am going to sign up for the St. Jude 1/2 Marathon which is Dec. 4. That gives me a little over 7 months to train. I believe I can do this!! I am giving God all the glory and so thankful he has given my a healthy strong body. He is AWESOME!! I am really having withdrawals from my Church and church family. I hope that changes this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Pellegrin said...

I am so proud of you! I want to do the Disney marathon one day.