Monday, May 3, 2010

Day in the Park 5k!!



Saturday was such a great day even though the weather was quite yucky!! It started out by a very sleepless night. I think I woke up every hour checking my clock to make sure my alarm was going to go off. At 6 am, I finally jumped out of bed and started getting ready. It was such a relief not to hear thunder. Last week was supposed to be my first 5k but the weather ruined it :( Anyway, after we got ready, we went to the park and registered Jody. Jody was not going to race but I needed someone there for moral support and he is just the person to give that to me. I love him so much. As we lined up my stomach started getting butterflies and I felt like I was going to puke. It was alot of excitement and nervousness all in one. They had to give instructions right before the race and it seemed like it took forever. Finally they said go and I took off. I was on such a high that the hills did not even bother me at first. What got me is that it was 100% hummidity and I could not get a good deep breathe. Right at about mile 2 my breathing started to bother me. I had never ran in this type of situtation so it was a learning experience. As I was coming up to the finish line, I started to speed up. All the cheering and great support gave me a huge boost!! My time on my watch was 27:55 but the clock said 27:43. I think I will take there time. I came in 2nd in the female 25-29, 7th in all female, and 56 out of 187 runners. I feel like I did great for my first race. I have 3 races coming up on my calender. May 15th- Running for a Mission 5k in Oak Grove, MS, June 12th-2010 Hot Trot 5k at Lulu's in Gulf Shores, AL, July 3- Watermelon Classice 5k in Jackson. I know I will probably not place in these but I absolutley loved the experience and crossing the finish line and setting PR's for myself. Hope everyone has a great week. Here are a couple of pictures from the race :)








7 comments:

Stephanie Pellegrin said...

I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

before to long it will be 1/2 marathons and marathons!! very addicting! So proud of you girl!

Dawn Trest said...

so proud for you! great job!!!

The Brady's said...

thanks you guys!! I'm thinking about 1/2 marathon in Memphis this December but I'm a little nervous. We will see.

The Brady's said...

thanks you guys!! I'm thinking about 1/2 marathon in Memphis this December but I'm a little nervous. We will see.

Totsy said...

Yay! So glad you did it and did so well! Congratulations!

The Brady's said...

Thanks Kelly!! It was so much fun!! can't wait to do it again!