Saturday, November 6, 2010

Running Races...

no time for posting here lately!! To give an update I finished my 1/2 marathon in 2 hrs 13 min. THis is way better than I was expecting. I run the first 10 miles without stopping at all. At mile 11 my knee started giving me trouble so I decided to walk for a couple of minutes. This was probably a mistake, I'm not really sure what I was supposed to do but when I started back running my knee was aching some kinda bad. The last 2 miles there was a lot of walking that really hurt my time. I am hoping for my March 1/2 marathon for a 2 hour race. Thats my goal anyway. Today I had a 5k. This was the chillin and grillin 5k in Taylorsville. My time was awesome!!! 26:38 :) I did not place but was the 2nd overall female. They combined the males and females in each age division so of course the boys ruled! But that is fine because I am very happy with this PR I completed today. I wore a knee brace today thinking it would help. And it did while I was running but now I am in pain. Did I mention that I ran in freezing conditions. I think it was 34 degrees. Yep.... That is a little to cold for me. I believe I will find a race to run  in that is has some warmer weather.

No comments: