Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Worst Mom of the day award goes to ME!!!

P.S.. I am being a negative Nancy today so please forgive me...

I started out my morning by getting Conner ready for school. I normally pick out his clothes (something that matches then I iron it). This morning I just picked up a brown and yellow shirt and a navy pair of pants. He was soooo not matching and was very wrinkled.  I thought, he is just going to school and who's going to be paying attention to his clothes. I know this is making no sense at all. Taking a few steps back to yesterday, Conner had his Ear nose and throat appt yesterday and found out he is getting his tonsils out and tubes in his ears. back to this morning... When I got to work, I found out that I will have to come up with about $1700 bucks!! This is what I will pay after insurance. I have to come up with half when he has his surgery which is December 15th (this appt was made at lunch by me!) Thats alot of money to come up with right here at Christmas or any other time of the year for us since we pretty much live pay check to pay check. And it will be like this until Jody gets out of school.  I must say that I am very thankful for my family and my husbands family. Without them, we would probably be living on the streets. They have offered to help us out with the cost so will only have to come up with a couple hundred bucks!! God is soooo good!! I could not ask for better inlaws and the rest of his family!! plus my family pretty much Rocks!! I love my mom so much! She keeps me grounded along with our mighty God and my Hubby!!
About five min before quitting time, I found out that i will have to participate in our companies christmas party! I have no talent what so ever or any type of talent that I would want to do in a talent show. My talent consist of running, which is really not talent.   Should I get out the old Saxophone and give it a try?
Right after hearing this AWESOME news I go pick up my child. He was sooo happy to see me. I love the look on his face when I pick him up. We get home and I look on the refrigerator and it hits me!!! My heart sank to the bottom of my feet and the tears started coming and I could not stop. Today was Conner's Thanksgiving feast at his school and parents, grandparents, family were attending. I signed up last week and paid for 2 tickets. Me and JOdy :( I got too caught up in planning surgery and money that I completely let it slip my mind!! Conner was probably the only kid in his class that did not have anyone there. I called Shannon (who is over highland) and she said that it was okay. I was not the first one to forget about it.  This is supposed to make me feel better but don;t think anything can help. I asked her if I could bake cupcakes and eat with his class tomorrow and she said that would be fine. I know that will not make up for yesterday but it sure will make my baby feel special tomorrow.
I know he will not remember this next week but I will remember it and will never forget it. LESSON LEARNED!! I will never let money and other things stress me out enough to forget about something like this again!
I know to some people things like this are not a big deal, but I want to be involved in things like this with my child and I will in the future. Like I said earlier sorry for being a negative nancy and will try to be positive in the future.
I just finished putting the sprinkles on the cupcakes and got my hot bath. I am hoping that tomorrow will bring lots and smiles and laughs and cheer. I am thankful for this day even though it was a bad day to me, I am thankful for the air I breath and thankful for the people in my life. I love my Conner so much and will do a better job from now on. :)

4 comments:

Casey Watts said...

Tears are welling up in my eyes because I've had days like those so I know it breaks your heart, but just know - Conner could probably care less and has no clue you messed up. I'm sorry you had a bad day...I pray today is going to be an awesome day for you!! Love you!!

Unknown said...

Oh my sweet Melissa....I love you...I want to encourage you with my stupidity: Natty had show and tell a couple of weeks back..they were talking about Vets and animals and were all supposed to bring a stuffed animal and talk about it...IT WAS A HUGE deal and such a build up because the vet was coming in to do this big talk with animals too! Natty was PUMPED all week....well, i forgot and that day rolled around and I picked her up and she, with tears in her eyes, reminded me that I didn't send a stuffed animal for show and tell....I CRIED MY EYES OUT!!! so, you are not the only mom who forgets this stuff! CHEER UP I LOVE YOU!

Dawn Trest said...

Melissa, I will be the third to say, that we've all had days like this. Just know that you are a wonderful mother and Conner is soo sooo blessed to have you! I love you sweet friend and am praying today will be filled with joy!

The Brady's said...

Thank you!! That means alot to me coming from such awesome moms!! I love you all and thank you for the encouragement! I wish I could remember things better! I feel like the older I get the harder it is to remember things. Its probably b/c I have more things to remember.